Friday, June 18, 2010

What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

The waviness is not at all uniform throughout, and I've found that it looks goofy when it's too short around my face because one side will flip out or something like that.



When I saw low maintenance, I mean no hair dryers, no curling irons, etc. Right now I usually wear my hair in a pony tail, but if it were shorter I wouldn't wear it up nearly as often.



Right now my hair is long (middle of my back) with layers, but it looks sort of goofy unless I wear it up because there's just so much of it.



Here's what it looked like when I got it cut a year ago (it's a lot longer again now though, and it's not nearly as red anymore either), so you can see what I mean about the nonuniform waves. I wouldn't mind something shorter as long as it looks good. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/c...



Any suggestions? Pics with examples would be helpful if possible.



What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

I seem to have the same texture and thickness of hair as you. To deal with the thickness, I get it layered quite a bit. I find that the length that works best for me is almost to my shoulders. Then I can let it air-dry and do nothing to it and it looks ok. With the layers and different lengths, it looks fine if it flips out all over the place because that's its style.



If you do cut your hair short again, make sure that you get it thinned. Thining doesn't work so well when it's longer though.



What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

i have the same problem as you. I usually get it cut up to your shoulder and layered in the back. However, i tried a new hairstyle. Have you seen Katie Holmes new haircut? Maybe that would look good...but I would have the front a little longer... Report It



What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

CREW CUT



What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

A wedge or a bob



What's the best low maintenance haircut for someone with really thick, wavy hair?

I also have thick wavy hair. I have it shoulder length , I have it tapered starting at my cheekbone and it is layered at the ends so it is fluffy. It is low maintenance, I wash it and let it dry - it never looks goofy, in fact I get a lot of compliments on it :) I just use some Chi silk infusium and the shine spray to keep it soft and manageable.



Ask your stylist when she is working on your hair to make sure it does fall naturally. Mine does this so my hair never goes the wrong direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus